Monday, February 19, 2007

Let's Go To The Library Part I - Yale

Let's Go To The Library Part I: Yale University



There is nothing cooler than being around books and no better place to do that than, the Yale Libraries. There are several libraries housing hundreds of thousands of books per building. Each building is divided into specific branches of study. In particular let me show you some pictures of the history and divinity library. To all my friends that love books...enjoy!

The following pictures are of the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Yale. Housed here is everything from rare history to theology.

Next comes the Divinity Library housing:
  • Records of Christian missionary activities overseas.
  • Records of Protestant Christian religious work among college and university students.
  • Personal papers of American clergy, evangelists, and religious leaders, particularly those involved in missions, ecumenical work, or student work, those from the New England area, and those of Congregational background.
  • Personal papers of Yale Divinity School faculty, deans, and prominent alumni.
I can't wait to do research here! If you love books these pictures are too awesome!


1 comment:

Cristina said...

Thank you for these images!! I work in a library... not so awesomem not so big, not so famous!!!
I'll put one of these photos on the desktop of my pc...
Ciao from Italy
Cristina