Sunday, February 18, 2007

@ home sick



So the kids and I stayed home from church today as we are all under the weather...which is harder for me to work through because of my back issues. Flu like symptoms seem to love to congregate there and amplify the situation.

Anyway...not being in church today makes me want to re-post this statement that I found awhile back:

All the quiet time in the world cannot replace the faithfully preached Gospel, the bread and the cup, and the communion of saints each Lord's Day.Or as the Puritans put it, echoing David: "The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob!"

1 comment:

Broc said...

I pray you feel better soon. Pastor Alan preached on the Lord's supper yesterday. It was really good. O how I love Christ's Church and being together on the Lord's Day.