Saturday, February 03, 2007

John Piper New Book on Depression



I just finished reading Dr. Piper's newest addition on depression. He address's a number of key issues with his usual powerfully Christ-centric persuasion. Particularly helpful are the sections on the physical aspects of depression and the use of medication. This is a very short read of around 79 pages. If you have ever struggled with any form of melancholy you will want to pick this up. I, personally, went through a most violent period of depression stemming from my back injury that sent me down a darkened road of melancholy and Piper's book helped me to better intelligently understand that period of my life. Once again, I am very thankful to Dr. Piper's work.

1 comment:

Broc said...

Looks like a good book. I should get it.